It's been a while since I've talked podcasts. Before this year, I really wasn't into podcasts. I still don't listen that often but I like to listen while I walk or run. I usually go about a mile and half so I prefer ones that aren't too long. If it takes me more than a couple of mornings to get through a podcast then I tend to lose interest. I have started listening to them at 1.5X speed and found that it's not too fast for me to understand. A couple 'new to me' podcasts that I've been listening to lately....
- Raise Your Hand. Say Yes--I've listened to almost all and I think my favorites so far were Erin Loechner on Saying Yes or Jess Swift on Doing the Work.
- After the Jump--Grace Bonney of DesignSponge interviews and of course I started with the Lisa Congdon episode.
Ones I listen to pretty regularly are...
- Elise Gets Crafty--pricing your products was a really helpful one.
- Creative Insurgents--Straight Talk on the Business of Being an Artist was a good one.
- The Accidental Creative--The Dailies. I immediately put this idea into practice.
- Invisible Office Hours--they're all so good but I think the education one was a recent episode that I especially liked.
- Design Matters--Still my very favorite podcast (currently on sabbatical) and I CANNOT wait for it to return!
Here's a few I've downloaded that I plan to try...
I like the idea of trying some podcasts that aren't necessarily about art or creativity. Possibly after living, eating, and breathing a year of creative habits for 282 days I'm ready for something a little different. Also I think I get more ideas from things that are tangentially related to art and creativity. Last random tidbit for today--my new favorite thing to listen to while I'm writing is Spotify's Deep Focus playlist.