Well, I'll be. I made it one whole month and many of you did too! I think that is reason to celebrate! Last month, I gave away the book Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon. It's a great book to spark creativity with things you can do right away. I thought a lot about what creativity book to give away this month...I wanted to choose something that would really help people. There are so many great books out there but I didn't want to give anyone an excuse to just read a book and not participate. The important part is the doing, the creating. So this month, I'm giving away a powerful tool that has helped me in January: a pocket Moleskine notebook. I'm using the bullet journal method and really liking it. Dawn is keeping a logbook. My husband Thaddaeus is doing a sketchnote journal in his Moleskine. Whatever method suits you, having a notebook for your ideas is crucial.
- If haven't started, choose a creative habit and begin today.
- If you aren't creating daily, block off time in your schedule for it. Find a trigger. Mine is right after I get my kids' breakfasts. It could be after your shower, after kids' bedtime, when you get home from work, etc.
- Share you habit daily on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. It builds accountability.
- Set up your creative space and make it an enjoyable place to work.
- Go on an artist date to spark new ideas.
- Share this project with others...then check in and support each other.
Comment here to win a pocket Moleskine. I'll draw the winner on Wednesday, February 5.