Today I'm sharing my favorite posts, favorite photos, and favorite memories from a year of creative habits (YOCH) 2014. Can ya believe there's just one more day?! So grab your coffee and let's hop into the way-back machine. my favorite posts...
- 35 get unstuck by working in a series
- 49 breaking the chain...I can't believe I didn't!
- 72 I could never...
- 91 where do you get ideas
- 92 baby steps
- 101 write to grow
- 122 share your thing
- 132 beginning ritual...a series of acts to get your brain and body ready to perform
- 136 change your beliefs
- 140 sharing the work that sucks
- 143 limit your choices
- 158 keeping up while on vacation and 63 keeping up during family emergencies
- 164 the creative process
- 169 "great advice"
- 171 lower the bar
- 197 challenging you...to draw your fear monster
- 232 five keys to building habits
- 262 got grit?
- 276 achievement...I still have this list in my workspace as a reminder
- 295 the ok plateau
- 322 define success for YOU
my biggest moments...
- day 100 and day 200 were pretty momentous
- 141 a beautiful day...the day the project was featured on Design Taxi
- how long does it take to become habit? On day 221 I went on an overnight trip and forgot my purse but remembered my sketchbook
- 279 owning it...introducing myself as an artist
- when Kierstan let me know that Lisa Congdon mentioned me in her talk about sketchbooks
signs that I'm on the right path...
it's especially fun when your drawing and your breakfast end up looking alike and it's astounding how often that happens...
- day 169 abstract watercolor/omelette + strawberries
- day 175 abstract watercolor/egg over easy
- day 198 ladies/avocado slices
- day 203 bunnies in garden/egg in the hole with avocado
- day 310 owl/scrambled eggs
- day 361 deer/breakfast pizza
Oh, and let's not forget just how bad I was at drawing when I started this project, here's day 1.
all the interviews I did this year were fun...
- January – Dawn Rogal(and an update here.)
- February – Jane George
- March – Thaddaeus Moody
- April – Stefanie Seltner
- May – Hillary Patrick
- June – Amanda Etches
- July – Connie Luebbert
- August – Rachele Alexander
- September – Katie McPherson
- October – Lew Su Ann
- November – Kierstan Betancourt
- December -- Robert Chapman
and finally twenty facts about me. It's been quite a year. I'll be back tomorrow with one final hurrah and then it's on to a NEW year of creative habits! :)