Hey, hey it's April 1st! I posted this one (below) on Instagram this morning with the caption, "I'm starting a new minimal series." And I'm on quite the diet apparently.
But no, that was for April Fool's Day! I think I got a few people though. The empty bowl should have given it away. I like to eat! Anyway, the first also means it's time to check in with my goals and set some new ones. Here's March's goals and how I did...
- enjoy opening night of my show. [CHECK!]
- submit piece for Springfield Regional Arts Council's Metamorphosis show. [CHECK!]
- prepare for the Hip Handmade Market. [CHECK!]
- go to a figure drawing class. [FAIL! Unfortunately the class I planned to attend fell on the night before the Hip Handmade Market and being the procrastinator that I am....um well, that didn't work out.]
- complete application for Ozarks Gallery at Artsfest. [CHECK! And I got in!]
So now it's time to set some goals for April....
- open my online shop. [CHECK! see that link up there on the far right?! already done dude!]
- prepare for Artsfest which is May 2-3.
- go to a figure drawing class or meet up with friends to draw.
- work on the year of creative habits book! More specifically, have a rough draft ready to be edited.
- work on the year of creative habits e-course. I plan to begin teaching the course on July 1st so I have a lot of work to do. Probably I'll be working on the book and course together so we'll see how that evolves.
I had to reset my phone to factory settings and I lost my little 'collect' calendar that I usually use to keep track of my paintings/days. :( For those also keeping track, I've used two of my five skip days for the year. I think it's going well. I'm looking forward to a month of quiet work!