I cannot believe that there are only 11 more weeks in 2015! That's just crazy. I have 9 more Fursday paintings to paint. I have 14 more books to read. I have 67 days to paint whatever I want.
Lately I'm really focused on preparing for some upcoming events. I have three more this year, check them out here. But I'm also thinking about what I have left to accomplish and how I want to wrap this whole thing up. And always in the back of mind is the question, what am I going to do next year?!
So with all that on my mind I had this idea to start Finish It Fridays. On Fridays instead of starting a new painting, I'll work to finish one or more that are in progress. Maybe I'll even try to resurrect some that I don't really care for that much.
I'd also like to block out time for all of the other "finishing" tasks that I didn't really think about in the beginning of this project. Things like framing, wire hangers, sealer, etc. All those little things take more time than I imagine and in general aren't real high on my priority list.
So here's how it went down today--first I procrastinated. While I had grand plans for today and all my projects neatly laid out on the table, I had a really hard time getting started. Apparently I'm not a natural finisher, big surprise!
Once I got going I...
- wired 6 paintings
- put sealer on 4 paintings, the other 2 are on paper so they'll go behind glass
- packaged up 2 custom pet portraits to deliver
- finished the Andy painting--still have to wire and seal it
- finished painting the pear--not sure if I want to turn it into a diagram or leave it simple
- gessoed some mini canvases
- sanded some wood slices
- didn't get around to framing those landscapes, maybe next Friday
All in all it was a good, productive day.