The bad news: Yesterday I had to pack up all the stuff in our kitchen and bathroom cabinets so that the exterminator could come spray for critters. And I had a dentist appointment at the same time. :(
The good news: After the dentist, I couldn't go home for two hours while the fumes dissipated. So I spent two quiet hours by myself at Barnes & Noble! Glorious! Cue the bells and dramatic music. :)
This was my favorite find-->
I found myself nodding my head with every page. Stuff like:
- "Put your art first. Not all the time, but a lot of time.
- There is no substitute for the hard work of just sitting down and making pieces. Watch less TV and make more art!
- Stay open. It's an opportunity to learn.
- Figure out how to stay inspired. How do you keep yourself excited about your work?
- Make lots of art. And do it when you have your best energy, not when you are fatigued. Figure out when you most rested and energized.
- Make your very own pleasant ritual for getting started in your studio or work space.
- Learn to listen to your instincts."