Whew! April was a doozy. This month I kept up with my daily drawing habit and now have 120 consecutive days under my belt. I also have 47 consecutive days of recording my day in the Day One app. Every evening, I put in a photo and short paragraph about the day. I focus on family, events, and gratitude.
[Besides making habits so simple it's silly not to do them, it's also been very helpful to have reminders set up on my phone. I started using the habit list app. I like its simplicity and having all my habit reminders with streaks in one place.]
This month I also:
- spent a lot of time on the sidelines of soccer fields
- had 2 dentist appointments :(
- celebrated 11 years of marriage
- read 4 books--Beautiful Ruins, Fangirl, The Artisan Soul, It's kind of a Funny Story.
- worked outside a lot--stained our tiny deck, set up a hammock stand, + planted a container garden
- kept up with my weekly portrait project
- was in my first 5K
This month I started lots of things that still need finishing:
- a creative family tree project
- a larger art piece, about 2 feet square
- scanning my sketchbook drawings to create new designs
- a 'clever' notebook of clever lines and other bits of stories
- my new workspace
I met most of my April goals but there were a few things I dropped the ball on. I did:
- NOT finish my 5K running challenge :(
- NOT print photos + journaling and put into an album :(
- NOT go on an all-day hike :( [though I think the 5K was a pretty good substitute]
- NOT begin a photography project :(
- NOT weave any clear message or story into my art :(
I'll be looking at my unfinished projects and the goals that I didn't complete as I write my goals for May. I'm finding real value in this process of stating my monthly goals-the more specific, the better. I've been using the bullet journal system in my notebook this year. I really like his method of looking through the previous month, checking off tasks that were completed, and bringing forward the unfinished tasks. I feel like I'm accomplishing more and fewer things are falling between the cracks. I'll finish that process and be back tomorrow with my goals for May.