- I revisited several subjects I've done in the past such as blind contour drawings, collages, skulls, flowers, animals, and faces.
- I started and finished another large painting.
- I read two books during the whole month! FAIL!
- I ran 18 of the 31 days.
This month, I'm putting all the goals out there. If I have it written down, it stays in the front of my mind and I'm more likely to keep working at it. Here goes....
- Improve my compositions. I'd like to come up with some go-to methods that help me build a good composition.
- Incorporate meaning and story into my work. I've always worked intuitively and usually I'm very expressive with line and color. I've never had a specific story or meaning behind my work but I'd like to work on that.
- Read four books this month.
- Finish my study of artists Mary Blair and Romare Bearden. Begin study of a new artist.
- Have 9 pieces finished and framed for a show in September.
- Walk, hike, or run every day this month.
It seems like a lot for one month but I need to get it all down. I also don't want to limit myself. Thad wrote a great post this morning that got me thinking about that. This month, I'll try raising the bar. Just how much can I get done if I change my self talk?
What about you? Say those goals aloud this month. What are you working toward?