I'm a part of a group show that opens on Friday. This means I'm in panic mode this weekend getting my pieces ready. Over the past few years, I've been in a handful of shows and even had my own solo show. I'm still learning my process but here's a glimpse into what I'm up to this weekend.
- putting the finish touches on a few paintings that are really close to done
- signing and dating them
- cleaning up the edges
- taking photos and scanning the smaller ones
- wiring the backs of all the pieces for the show
- cleaning the glass on the framed/matted ones
- deciding on titles and prices, recording dimensions
These four are ready to go and I'm working on the next four...
- bedhead, pen on paper, matted + framed, 17.5 in. x 21.5 in.
- there's something in my cheerios, pen on paper, matted + framed, 17.5 in. x 21.5in.
- sabbath, acrylic + pencil on wood panel, 18 in. x 18 in.
- jungle room, acrylic + pencil on wood panel 18 in. x 18 in.
(This evening, I'll photograph that first one again as the light was a little too strong this morning.)