I always feel bummed about these month-in-reviews. It doesn't feel like I accomplish much. Then I take the time to look back through my photos, my posts, my notebooks, and my artwork and I start to feel better. Sitting down to do this each month is very worthwhile. My goals for October were to…
- draw everyday. (check!) I participated in #31playfuldays and it was a lot of fun. Big thanks to Tara Leaver for providing the prompts.
- read 8 books. (read 5 and that's ok.)
- walk everyday. (nope!) The weather and the shorter days didn't help. About halfway through the month I changed it to 'exercise everyday' and that went better. Many days I raked leaves.
- finish my study of Mark Hearld. (yep!) And I studied Beatrix Potter & Charley Harper.
- continue to build meaning/story/connection into my art. (check!) I think most days I was able to take the prompt and make connections/tell stories with it.
- write every weekday. (Nope, FAILURE!) Writing will be my biggest priority in November.
- manage time better by keeping better track of how I’m spending it. (eh, working on it.) I don't feel like I wasted time as much but I still struggled with project management and juggling multiple projects.
- continue my presidents project by drawing 10 presidents this month. (check!) I drew 12 this month and started scanning them and putting them together.
- learn enough Illustrator so that I can make my drawings vector and digitally color them. (worked on it.) I did it but I wasn't real happy with the results. I think it probably takes a lot of practice to find your own methods and style.
- set up an online shop for the pieces from my show last month. (check!) It's here.
A few other things happened this month..
- submitted work to Doodlers Anonymous.
- a friend approached me about illustrating a book so I've a new project for November...
- got a little bored with my breakfasts and lately finding myself not hungry in the mornings, weird.
- passed 1000 followers on Instagram. Can you believe that? 1K people are interested in my drawings and my breakfasts, that's just crazy!