This month instead of marveling at how another month has gone by so quickly, I am just super excited that it's May! But before I get to why I'm so excited, let me check in and share how I did with my goals in April. My goals were:
- open my online shop. [check!]
- prepare for Artsfest which is May 2-3. [mostly, finishing up the last few tasks today.]
- go to a figure drawing class or meet up with friends to draw. [nope.]
- work on the year of creative habits book! More specifically, have a rough draft ready to be edited. [not much progress.]
- work on the year of creative habits e-course. I plan to begin teaching the course on July 1st so I have a lot of work to do. Probably I'll be working on the book and course together so we'll see how that evolves. [nope.]
I didn't do all that well on my goals in April but I did recognize that and I took action. I arranged to work with an accountability partner for my writing. I'll check in with her every day in May and I know she'll help me stay on track. Thanks Beverly!
So here's my goals for May:
- have a great time at Artsfest this weekend--I hope to meet some people, reconnect with old friends, and sell a few pieces.
- update the shop with new work on May 6th--I have a lot of paper pieces to frame before Wednesday!
- finish the first draft of my book and hand it to my editor by May 31st.
That's it! I don't have any shows scheduled in May. I'm looking forward to really focusing on the book and enjoying the warmer weather.