A few highlights from 2017:
- I researched 11 interesting artists for my #deadartistsociety series and I learned a lot! I enjoyed it so much that I'm continuing in 2018.
- I took enough photos to make a great family photo book, the thickest book I've ever made.
- I wrote a few blog posts that I think are worthwhile, especially meaningful work.
- I read 76 books, 26 more than my goal.
- My Ruth Bader Ginsberg piece turned out and was probably my most popular piece this year. (Stickers of this piece are still available here.)
- We went to St. Petersburg Florida twice (once just the two of us and once all four of us.) We went to the Dali Museum each time. Also locally I went to the Springfield Art Museum and Crystal Bridges this year.
- I got an iPad Pro/Apple Pencil and that has been a game changer.
- I had a show at Park Central Library and I gave my first talk. I also had a show at Tea Bar and Bites.
- I was selected for the SRAC's Caught My Eye show for the third time. And I won the Virginia Bussey Memorial Award at Artsfest this year.
- I found 2 dogs (Wyler and Goliath) and returned them to their owners. (Working from home has lots of perks!)
The year wasn't all rainbows though:
- I didn't quite make a weekly piece and I definitely didn't make one large piece each month, I only made 6 large pieces this year.
- I wasn't accepted into a show that I've been in for the past two years. That was very humbling. I did end up in the show because someone else had to cancel and I was available but it wasn't the same.
- I did not finish my book that I spent most of fall/winter working on. My proof copies were disappointing and I'm redoing most of it. (Hopefully it's finished by spring.)
- Launch Dead Artist Society... the brand and on patreon. (EXCITING!)
- Take lots of photos again, make a big family photo book that includes some of our art and writing.
- Read 72 books this year.
- CONNECT. That's my one little word for this year.
2018 is off to a great start... I got a little mention in Uppercase Magazine. Even better is that I'm alongside so many online friends.