The idea of a now page comes from Derek Sivers. It's simply a list of projects that you're working on right now. It's a great page to have on your site to keep people updated on what is in the works, but it's also a great assessment tool. What AM I working on? Am I spending my time on what matters?
So here's what I'm doing now:
- preparing for three upcoming shows. I'm making a few changes to my booth set up, finishing up pieces (hence the need for FinishItFriday's), and adding some smaller/inexpensive items to my inventory.
- beginning my study of Chuck Close. See my recap of the last artist I studied Andy Warhol from yesterday. I'll be doing some similar type things while studying Close.
- continuing my Fursday series. I'm currently painting number 44 of 50. I'm thinking about how I'm going to wrap this up. Look for possibly a Fursday book and/or a shirt as a finale.
- getting back into reading after not reading at all for a week. Those Royals had me up late every night watching with no time for my fifty reads. Currently working my way through Rising Strong and just beginning The Winter Garden which assuming I finish them, will be books 39 and 40 for me this year.
- participating in naphopomo. I challenged newsletter subscribers to it so I've got to do it too, right? I'm on day 3. I haven't posted any yet, I'm thinking I'll do put those in Monday's life through my lens posts.
- and speaking of newsletter, I'm still sending those out weekly. It's a time when I show up and write. I hate writing. I've learned that if I show up and do it anyway, good things sometimes happen. I try to encourage and inspire subscribers. I try to give some small action to take each week to help achieve those creative habit goals. I also pull together links I liked that relate to creative habits plus links to all my posts from the past week. I spend more time on this newsletter every week than many of my paintings!
- thinking a lot about next year's goals and plans and rules. I'm probably spending too much energy on this when there's still so much left to do this year.
I've loved reading other people's now pages, there's a good list of links here under Derek's tweet or you can search #nowpage. I found it very valuable to make my own. It's good to sit down and list out all your current projects. It makes me realize what I'm really spending time on versus maybe what I SHOULD be spending my time on. And then I think it makes it easier to make choices now and set goals for later.