- My first goal doesn't have much to do with my creative habits but it does show just how seriously I take this project. Yesterday I started the process of changing this blog over from wordpress.com to a self-hosted site. Everything may look a little wacky for awhile but I'll get it all straightened out very soon.
- I'll continue to work on my creative family tree project. I started working on this and then felt really inspired so it went on the back burner. Now I'm feeling not so inspired. It only makes sense to go back to work on it. I started another tumblr (I might have a tumblr addition) so that I could do this project out in the open. There's not much there yet but you can follow along this month if you like.
- The photography project I was thinking about last month will go to the back burner another month. I will be doing some traveling beginning in June so I think that would be a much better time for it. [I'm recording this here because I know at the end of the month, I'll look back at this post!]
- I'll keep running about 3 days a week with goal of being able to run 5K without walking by the end of the month.
- I'll add more color and pattern to my daily drawings. I'm thinking of switching over to the moleskine with watercolor paper. I have watercolor paints from college but I'm really eyeing this Schmincke set. I try to keep supplies simple but I also think it's important to invest in quality (the best quality you can afford) supplies.
- I'll work to put more of a message or story in my artwork. I've been jotting down ideas for this every so often in my notebook. It's time to put those to work.
- I'll go on an all-day hike. I'm hoping to go to Glory Hole this month.
- I'll scan in older daily drawings and create some new designs to put up in my society6 shop. I got my first one done last week. I'm planning to put up one new design there every week.
Other habits I'll continue are:
- read every night-I have a long term goal of 50 books this year
- record my day in the day one app every evening
- my weekly portrait project--this month I plan to shoot mainly with the iPhone and get more creative my angles.
And last, here's a look back at April's daily drawings. Music is Far Alone-G. Eazy.